Sunday, January 8, 2012

Inspiration

It's a new year.  Lots of people are making new years resolutions.  I'm facing lots of changes in my life this year, too.  But change can be inspiring, and it's nice to have the inspiration of others who have walked through similar things to encourage and guide the way.

There's something magical about changing a drab, tired piece of furniture into something with new life.  This dresser was the beginning of a special season for me. It started as a tired oak dresser (sorry, no "before" shot).  But a coat of creamy white paint and a few pages of sheet music later (a la Miss Mustard Seed),  and voila! 




We found this shabby red table on the side of the road.  The minute I saw it I knew it had to be painted with a clock face, inspired by Red Hen Home.




Don't you love the idea that anything can be a chalkboard?  This table was inspired by Style Files.



I'm so grateful to these women (and many others) who have inspired new creations.  Can't wait to see what this new year holds!

I've linked up!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

How cool is that sheet music dresser - wow! Isn't it amazing how much inspiration is out there! And then the fun part is making it your own! And I'm excited to find you after your very first post. I can say I knew you right from the beginning!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great makeovers and welcome to blogging.

terrybrowder@saylesranch.com said...

Congratulations on starting your new blog!

Debbiedoos said...

How awesome! Welcome to blogging. I have a newbie party going on right now. My friend Kim told me about you.

Amy Chalmers said...

Looking forward to seeing more of these creations from you! Welcome to blogland. I loved how you did the dresser with the sheet music!

AntiqueChase said...

Congrats on starting your blog!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love your makeovers! Welcome to blogging!
XOXO
Kristin

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Ok, If I had known that blogging would be this affirming, I'd have done it sooner! Thanks to all of you for your positive comments! Check back from time to time to see more make-overs!

Donna said...

Hi Cyndi, love your stuff! I do have all the available CeCe Caldwell's Paints in stock. Just picked up the latest colors over the weekend, so I will stock at Classic on Tuesday! I do not remember a French Blue...maybe a Memphis Blue? I will check to make sure! Happy Blogging! See you at Classic soon!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Yep, Donna! I think it is called Memphis Blue. I'll pick some up this week. We just need good weather so we can paint!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello Cyndi, thanks for stopping by and congrats on your blog. I'll be stopping in and checking in on you. Have a great week, Theresa

Becca Bertotti said...

What fun pieces that you've created, Cyndi! I love them all and know that they won't last long at your booth! *Becca* (happily following along)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Your pieces are beautiful! I especially love the sheet music dresser; that's something I still have yet to try. Thanks for linking up to my blog!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Cyndi ~
Those pieces came out awesome!! Thank you for coming by my blog so I could find you :)

xoxo
Lori

Unknown said...

Wow! It's so beautiful!! I love how you did the mirror too! Thanks for sharing with me :) I'm now a follower!

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Change and challenge is good for the soul. :)
I love what you've done with these pieces!
thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can.
gail
ps catching you this week.

Pam said...

Such fun. I love it.