Saturday, June 7, 2014

Buffet - Beautiful Again!

I'm baaaaack!  Sorry for the extended absence!  Busy days rolled into weeks.  Between school and getting things into the shop, I haven't had much time to blog.  I took a new piece into the shop today and thought I'd better share it with you before life takes over again!

So I found this buffet at a flea market a few months ago.




It was in bad shape!


Veneer was loose and missing.  The finish had water damage.  It needed some lovin'!


I stripped off damaged veneer and glued the loose veneer back on.
I stripped and refinished the top, too.

Then it got one coat of chalk paint in Canning Jar.
I topped it with a coat of clear wax and dark wax.
I added some appliques from Do It Yourself Chic to add character and cover some of the veneer imperfections.


Beautiful again!



Pin It

Linking up:

3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I missed you!!! And clearly, you haven't lost your touch! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My partner and Somatodroli dont would like to sumit them all over again only dont need to! Possibly your blog glitced available or perhaps im the simpleton, the other range doesnt surprise me personally thank you in the top notch blog!How do you make your site look this good.http://gojivitafacts.com/somatodrol/

petermorris said...

Once again, many thanks for hosting every week.



GMAT Test Takers