Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blessings


My husband had to have his knee scoped this morning.  All went well, thank you for asking!  Blessing #1!  I've taken the day off to keep him down once the pain meds kick in!  HA!  Anyway, it's given me a chance to get some of those odd jobs done around the house.  I switched purses a few weeks ago and hadn't had time to completely clean out the old one.  I dumped all those odds and ends out and guess what I found!!  $100 worth of gift cards that I'd gotten for my birthday that I'd forgotten about!  Blessing #2!


Enough about that!  You're really here to see some cool renovations and creations!  Well what about these.  I found this awesome 9 drawer dresser on Craig's List.  A coat of French gray and some glaze really brought it to life.  I'm kinda crazy about all things French!




This English cabinet just needed a fresher look.  I gave it a couple of coats of white paint and it's the perfect home for some vintage ironstone!  I love the scalloped top!






Isn't this credenza crazy?  I knew I wanted to paint it black when I found it.  It sure shows off the copper hardware!



I'm so grateful to have the vision and opportunity to create and sell cool pieces like these.  Blessing #3!



Photobucket



Saved by Suzy
Catch a Glimpse Buttonshabby creek cottage


10 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! Great make-overs! My fav...that first frenchy chest..gorgeous! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the hutch! the scalloped details are so pretty! and that credenza is pretty awesome, too!

yahoo said...

Love your blog ... I look forward to following. Fabulous pieces! Take care of Jimmy, and yourself too.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Beautiful pieces one and all, but those scallops are calling my name! And I love your positive attitude too! It's good to count your blessings!

lorene said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE the furniture you redid! I shop in Classic Collections all the time. Great place! Maybe I will run into you sometime...I am a retired high school counselor so I also have a background in school business.

Honey at 2805 said...

All are terrific makeovers! Good job!
Thank you for linking this lovely and creative post to Potpourri Friday!

glamourpuss said...

Wow, these are great! I am about to tackle my first furniture makeover and hopefully they will turn out as lovely as these! :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Pretty pieces. I love the detail to the first piece. Thanks for joining Wow.

Kammy's Korner said...

your stuff is gorgeous!!

sunder said...

I love the details of the first cabinet and the work done in the drawers. Undoubtedly a work of art to be preserved. Kodinerds Repo