Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I'm not one to make much of New Year's resolutions.  Perhaps it's because I never manage to see them through.  But this year is different.  This one I think I can do!  My new year's resolution is to take "before" pictures before I start paining!  Sounds do-able, don't you think?  


This buffet is actually in my office at school.




This little table was a dumpster find.  It takes a LOT of tape to create these diamonds!







This library table began life as a white pine import from Mexico.  Much better now, huh?



Here's a cute little chest in French gray and white.



How 'bout a coffee table?  This one is still available!



I just finished this little desk today!  Love the black and white!



It's just hard to appreciate how far these have come without seeing their humble beginnings.  So this year, I'm going to take "before" shots!  I think I can...I think I can...


Linking up at:
Debbiedoo's
Metamorphosis Monday
Keeping it Simple
Home Stories A to Z
Savvy Southern Style
Primitive and Proper
Restored it Wednesday
Faded Charm

8 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Good luck with that! I'm about 50/50 on before pics...sigh. Love the diamond table, so sweet. Lots of lovely finishes!
Deb

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I think you can keep this resolution! And it really helps to appreciate the transformation when there is a before picture. Now go grab your camera!

Unknown said...

Hello! love , Love your furniture..wish we were neighbors!I enjoy repurposing furniture too. That blue sofa table is awesome!

Unknown said...

Hi again! I'm your newest follower and blog fan!

Karen said...

Sure you can! it will become second nature to you. Those are all great redoes, loving that French Gray. Thanks for visiting and following. Following you too.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that buffet and that turquoise sofa table! and yes- you can keep your resolution! it took me the longest time, too, to remember before pictures, but then you just take pictures of everything and you can't stop! ;)

rusty hinge said...

Hello Cyndi! Thanks so much for stopping by again and taking the time to leave your sweet comment. So glad to find your blog, I love it!! Did you paint that diamond table? It looks amazing!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Just love all your makeovers!

Oh, and maybe your remembering to take "before" pics can be your Imagine the Impossibilities challenge project ...

Here's the link with more about the challenge and the Jan. 31st multi-blog link party ...

http://itallstartedwithpaint.blogspot.com/2012/01/mission-impossibilities.html

There's still time to get in on the fun ... oh, and if you blog about your participation, give me the link in my comments thread and I'll blog about you next weekend!

xo
Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com