Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Got 'er Done!

My New Year's resolution is to take "before" pictures before I pick up the paint brush.  Well, got one done! (Ok, so I took half the drawers out before I thought of picking up the camera).


This "treasure" was an alley find!  You can see what poor shape it was in.  Still, I thought it had potential.  I loved the shabby green-ness, but what do I do with the top??  Somebody had taken a saw to the front edge.  I hated to paint it, but it sure needed help.





So how 'bout a compromise?  Cover the top, paint the body, but leave the fabulous green drawers!


I think that works!  So if I forget to take "before" pics the rest of the year, at least I got one done!

I've linked up!
Alchemy Fine Living
Ginger Snap Crafts
Domestically Speaking
DIY by Design
36th Ave
Made in a Day
Elizabeth & Co
Primitive & Proper

10 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Great compromise! Now just keep that camera handy! I paint in my garage and always take my phone and camera with me everytime I head out there. I still forget to take a before occasionally, but not too often.

Toodie said...

Looks great. Just my style!

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

It is so hard to remember to take before pictures - a lot of times I try to remember to take a pic as soon as I buy something so I won't forget.

Love the map on the top of this dresser. Can't get enough map projects!

momto8 said...

wow!! The map is such a great idea! I love maps...I have them all in 3 different rooms...I think they are fun to look at and educational... on top of a dresser is a great idea!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

Unknown said...

Hi, Cyndi! I just found your blog and I had to laugh over forgetting to grab the camera! I'm terrible about that sometimes! I'm a new blogger too and your newest follower! You can find me at http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable!!!! i love the colors and the maps!

Courtney said...

What an awesome find!! So cool, love it!!

Helen said...

It looks great and I love the map! Free is always the best. I am your newest follower.

Catherine said...

Looks fantastic - I'm loving maps right now, and yours is great... love that globe too!

Lori said...

This looks fantastic. So glad I found your blog...I'm following so I can keep up with all your creative projects. Stop by and follow back so we can keep in touch...I love meeting new blog friends, Lori