Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Weeks and a Whirlwind

This isn't what I expected.  I thought blogging would begin in a lonely way.  I thought I'd have no followers for weeks (or months) until someone "discovered" my humble ramblings. I thought I'd be writing to an audience of none for a while.  







Boy was I wrong!  Day 1 I got my first follower, who's now my sweet friend Sharon at Elizabeth & Co!  We've chatted almost every day.  


Just two weeks later, I've got 45 followers!  I had hoped I'd get there one day, but in two weeks??  I'm just amazed!




Today, I found out that Maria at The Rusty Hinge, awarded me the Liebster Award!  Shut up!!  Doesn't she know I don't have a clue about what I'm doing??


Liebster is German and means 'dearest' or 'beloved' but it can also mean 'favorite'. The idea of the Liebster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.  I'll be paying it forward in the next few days.





Not only that, I've been featured five times in the last two weeks!  Really?  Just amazed!  Thanks to these great bloggers who showered some love on me!






Made in a Day
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now if I can only figure out how to make these buttons line up nicely!

3 comments:

Twice Nice said...

2 weeks is fast, but I think we've all discovered your most fine qualities! Sharon is an inspiring kind of lady and was one of my first contacts too. You do fabulouse work and we all love coming by to see what new stuff you are working on. Debn

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh Cyndi, I'm so excited for you my friend! You are off to a fabulous start in the crazy blog world. I'm so glad that we connected early on. I'll be able to say that I knew you right from the beginning! Just be yourself and be prepared to roll with the ups and downs of the blog world and you'll be just fine! ... As for the buttons, some of them have the word "center" in the html. Sometimes center is there there twice. You can delete that out while in html mode, then go back to compose and you can move the buttons around. ... Have a great day!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Cyndi, I am so glad you left me a comment so I was able follow you back here. Congrats on the early success of your blog and now you can add me as a follower. xo, Sherry