Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jack of all Trades

Most of my creative juices are spent painting furniture and decorating my home and booth space.  But occasionally I pull out the sewing machine.  

 You may remember that my daughter recently found out she's having a BOY!  (you can read about her gender reveal party here).
So we spent spring break decorating the nursery!

Here's a "before" shot.
Yep, boring beige.


So the daughter and mother-in-law painted the room a soft blue-gray.

Meanwhile, I was chained to the sewing machine. Megan picked bold, large scale patterns for the room so I did big blocks of color on the dust ruffle, bumper, and curtain.


Isn't this fun?

Her hubby was out of town so we put the crib together ourselves.  Look what three women, an allen wrench, and 30 minutes can do!

Megan decided she wanted a banner over the crib with Jay's name on it.  So, I pulled out the Silhouette and this is what we whipped up.
It was time for the fun to begin.  Let's pull it all together and decorate!  Megan found this cool metal car at Hobby Lobby to hang over the crib.


I couldn't decorate a room without some vintage finds.  We hung this cool hand-made plane from the ceiling.
I found this adorable red chair in an antique shop and a friend gave me the vintage Playskool car.


We brought in this free (yes, FREE) dresser and Megan hung shelves and pictures to complete the look.
(I know it's not a great picture.  This was taken with a cell phone.)




There are still some finishing touches needed, but it's looking like a room fit for a BOY!



Pin It

I'm linking up:
The 36th AVENUEHookingupwithHoH

9 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks great!

karene said...

Looks great!

Gail said...

Love it! What a great team you all made!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great job, Cyndi! Keepying you chained to the sewing table must have worked because you turned out some beautiful bedding! : ) I'm sure it seems even more real that he will be here soon now that his room his ready. I am almost done with my granddaughter's room ~ this is the second time I have done her space. The first was at their apartment in NY {and you can't do too much in an apartment}, but this time, in their house, we were able to do things differently.

Just Jaime said...

This looks great! The bumper is my favorite!

Sugarr2518 said...

I'm loving the car theme:) The wall by the dresser is just perfect! I really do love all of the detail and different decor that you added to it:)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh how fun! Perfect for a sweet little boy!

The Charm of Home said...

Very cute nursery. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh it looks awesome! i love the crib bedding- the fabric colors are so fun!!!