Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gotta Love Blue

When I started this blog (6 weeks ago) it was to give back some of the inspiration that I had received from you fellow bloggers.  So pardon today's post.  Today, it's all about me...
and my daughter....  and her husband.... and their new baby!


See, I've got three grown kids.  Megan, my only middle daughter, is expecting her first baby in July.  Last night, she and her husband hosted a gender reveal party to announce the sex of their baby.


She and I spent Sunday evening making decorations with my new Silhouette Cameo.  



Waddle it be?  Boy or Girl?





She polled her guests...

and her students at school...

She asked her guests to wear pink or blue to demonstrate their vote.

The brother and sister-in-love are hoping for a girl to play with the cousin.

After dinner, we all grabbed a cupcake and bit in for the big reveal...



BLUE!
It's a boy!

Watta is sharing the news!


I'm pumped!
(ugh, can I have a re-take and some air brushing?)


Megan and her man are thrilled!


So prepare yourself.
When Jay Louis arrives in July I'll have to deviate from the DIY posts again!
But that's ok.  
People are more important than things!


Pin It

I've linked to these awesome parties:


9 comments:

Donna said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Congratulations on the soon-to-be grandson, Cyndi! How much fun these gender reveal parties must be. You look like a happy Grandma ~ no airbrushing needed. You'd never capture that true look of happiness with airbrushing! : ) My first grandchild is 19 months old now and I just couldn't imagine my life without her. It is pure happiness being with her.

vintageshabbychicks said...

Hi Cyndi...thanks for yournice comment. Love your blog...just became a new follower :-)) Julie

Unknown said...

Awwwwww, how Adorable! You must be so excited!

Linda said...

Congrats!!!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What a fun party idea! Congratulations to ALL of you!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Congrats to your daughter. What a great party.

Kirby Carespodi said...

How fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog--I am now following you. After all, a teacher with an antique booth should follow a principal with an antique booth. It's only polite.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

People are way more important, especially brand new little people! That is such exciting news! And what a fun party!