Wednesday, March 14, 2012

For the Love of Blue

I never was a girly-girl.  I hated dresses and refused to wear pink.  I was a tom-boy through and through, and blue has ALWAYS been my favorite color.  So I flipped the first time I saw blue transferware.  Can you say LOVE?




I come by my antique roots honestly.  I remember being drug through endless antique shops by my mom.  I always loved American antiques and primitives.  I was over the moon when I got this pie safe for my 12th birthday.  I've painted it, stripped it, & refinished it several times over the decades.



It's the perfect place to hold my blue and white, don't you think?

I can't remember the first piece I purchased, and honestly, I'm won over by the looks.  It doesn't have to be old or in great shape. 

I DO use it for special family meals.  I've never owned "fine china."  (Remember, not a girly-girl!)  I love to mix and match for a pretty table.  That's why I decided I needed blue glassware to go with the dishes.

The great thing about blue transferware is that you can pair it with my other passion, white ironstone.  I found this batter pitcher and had to have it.  I was ecstatic when I found the matching cream and sugar!
Don't ask me what my favorite piece is.
Couldn't pick just one!



It's spring break for me and I'm spending the week helping my daughter decorate the nursery.  I'll post pics about that soon.  In the mean time, hope you enjoyed another glimpse into my home.

Pin It

1 comment:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful collecton, Cyndi! I love the way the blue glassware works so well with the blue and white transferware. It all looks so lovely in your hutch with the linens!