Monday, March 5, 2012

The Birds Out My Window

It's funny to me how trends take hold.  All of a sudden, a design or color is everywhere and it seems you just can't get enough!  In the past year or two, birds have been everywhere.  Birds, nests, eggs... love 'em all.


Well, a few weeks ago my husband came home with two old windows that he had found in an alley.  
I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and have been looking for new projects to try on it.  I did decorations for my daughter's gender reveal party but wanted to try out something with vinyl.
So the free windows + my new Silhouette Cameo = birds out my window!



It was my first project with the vinyl but I love the way it turned out!


Just. Love. It.


Pin It

Be sure to check out the parties in my sidebar.  I'll be partying at all of them this week and they are awesome bloggers that host fun parties! Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

19 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is really cute, Cyndi!

Anonymous said...

I love it too! I've been wanting to try this.

Netties Expressions said...

This is such a cute idea!

JunqueMagnet said...

Looks terrific. You've got me thinking I need to try this on one of the windows in my garage stash! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Super cute and creative!

Unknown said...

This turned out so beautifully - talk about "trash to treasure" - and congrats on the upcoming grandson #2 :)

Latane Barton said...

One man's trash is another man's treasure. And, you really lucked out of this one. It turned out great.

Shabby Marilyn said...

Love the birds on this great window!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I just love it too! It's totally adorable! And how perfect for spring! I think I might need a Silhouette!

Jenn Erickson said...

What a beautiful and creative way to turn that old window into a work of art!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Super cute!!! thank you for sharing at Uncommon! Bonnie ;)

Meg said...

This is really, REALLY cute!! I'd love if you linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/03/showoff-saturday-5.html

I hope to see you there!!

Cristina Garay said...

That is super cute!! Pretty creative! New follower.

http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

Alicia said...

love the idea¡¡¡

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Cyndi, I love this. For the past 30 years I've had TWO birds in my house - both wedding presents. Three years ago I added one more - a gift. Last summer I bought at least 10. I can't seem to stop. This window is really great. I wouldn't be surprised if one like it ended up on my porch this spring....thanks for the inspiration. I'm a new follower. Would love for you to follow back.

Unknown said...

That looks so good!
I love it! I don't have one of those machines but I'm sure I could do that by hand.....I do everything else by hand!
I saw this on a linky and had to click cause it's so pretty!
Http://tumblestonehandmakery.blogspot.ca

Donna Wilkes said...

Followed over from Funky Junk to see your window. Remember the crafter's adage: "When in doubt, put a bird on it!"

Distressed Donna Down Home

Leanne said...

So wonderfully creative! Definitely pinned.

Unknown said...

Came over srom the sil blog to let you know I love this project... So simple and cute... Just had to say!!!