Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's a Girl to Do?

Do you ever have one of those moments where you're stuck? That's me!  Dead in my tracks.  Stumped.  


I found this awesome dresser and matching desk at a resale shop recently.  I've been staring at it ever since.  What should I do with it?  


With the inset drawers I could do some two-tone technique.  But what to do with the top drawers?
The top needs work.  Do I paint the whole thing, or strip and stain the top??

The desk has the same drawer features and great legs.

It's almost like it's got so much character you can't accent any of it.
Is it speaking to you?
What should this girl do?


Pin It

5 comments:

CJ said...

Beautiful! - Stain the top and paint the rest - 2 colours - old white legs and edging and a gorgeous colour on the drawers - I love it can't wait to see the end result.CJ

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great pieces, Cyndi! I'd probably paint the whole thing and do the two tone you said. I can see that on the drawers with the insets. That top drawer does need something special though. Maybe a third color that coordinates {i.e. if you did Paris Grey and Old White, then on the drawer you did that ASCP darker grey that I can't think of the name}. Can't wait to see what you do!

Anonymous said...

How about red?
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com/2012/04/if-you-follow-me-on-facebook-have-seen.html

Twice Nice said...

I see something glam about those pieces. I'd vote for a nice saturated bold color with a glossy finish and how about mirrors cut for those inset drawers. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kelli Frueh said...

I would paint it all and do the two-tone you mentioned. I have the same issue. I just bought a french provincial dresser on craigslist and can't decide if I should make it really cool and girly in a bright pink to go in my craft room-my new one when we move as my room now is too small ....or blues to use in my bedroom now. I keep waiting for it to tell me what color it wants to be but it isn't talking. Good luck and can't wait to see it.