Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Be Still My Heart

I love almost all of the pieces that I redo.  They go through a drastic change and come out all the better for it.  But every once in a while one grabs my heart.  It skips a beat every time I look at it.  There's a tug of war between wanting it to sell and wanting it to stay in the shop so people can see it.  This chair is one of those pieces.
I bought it from a friend who had it in her booth.  I loved the lines and the carving.  It had so much potential.  So, what could liven it up?  Well TURQUOISE, of course!



I gave it two coats of ASCP Provence.  Then I used a clear glaze tinted with some black acrylic paint to antique it and show off the awesome carving.  I'm not sure if I got the recipe right and found it difficult to work with.  Might not try that again!
I topped it off with a clear wax.

  I found this fabulous gray and white damask at Hancock's and fell in love with it when I saw it!  

Be still my heart!

P.S.  I took it to the shop Saturday afternoon.  I went by Wednesday to pay my rent.  It's SOLD!
Pin It

Sharing at my favorite parties this week:





PhotobucketHow to Nest for LessThree Mango Seeds
DelectableHomeHome Stories A2Z
HOGHookingupwithHoHThe 36th AVENUE
PhotobucketThe Shabby NestFurniture Feature Fridays
http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/Decorating InsanityPhotobucketThe Graphics Fairy
beneath my heartThe Southern InstituteThe Stuff of Success

23 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! Its sad when there's something that I absolutely love that I end up selling.... But if I kept them all I would have hardly sold a thing, lol, I rarely keep anything that I make, I guess I should probably keep more, if not for self promotion, right?! There's a good excuse... ;)

CJ said...

It's just the best feeling to pick up a piece like this, they don't come everyday but oh boy when they do! You made a lovely job I love Provence, I have just started a dresser using it. CJ

Laura Bright said...

So pretty!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That color is stunning, Cyndi! I love the way it turned out!

Twice Nice said...

What great curves and lines on that chair! Great job Cyndi, the Provence is so pretty on it!

Little Bit said...

Wonderful improvement! It's gorgeous...love the blue! I'm now following you on LF...hope you'll come visit me too. Little Bit

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm a new follower :)

Carolyn
{my simple messterpiece}

Unknown said...

Love the provence chalk paint you chose to put on the chair. It's one of my favorite AS colors. Such a pretty fabric on the seat too.

Unknown said...

P.S. thanks for stopping by my post yesterday Cyndi!

ANNE said...

Love that turquoise!! and that chair is fantastic! (I can't believe you let it go!!!)

Happy Easter!

Rustown Mom said...

Very beautiful - I'm sure it's new owner is thrilled!

Christine said...

Oh goodness... you warmed my heart with this!! I ADORE the chair!! Way to go!

I hope you'll share this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality :)
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/04/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-10.html

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

It's beautiful. I can see why it sold so quickly.

Distressed Donna said...

I had to come over from Funky Junk to get a better look at that chair. I am currently stuck on painting tables turquoise and thought if I place a steep price on them, they would stay a spell. Alas, others must love turquoise, too, and are willing to pay for the pleasure of owning it.

Cynthia said...

Your chair is oh so pretty! I'm not surprised that it sold that quickly!

Tricia Marie said...

This is so beautiful. I am your newest follower.

Tricia @ SeekingEco-Chic

Christine @ Park House Love said...

That chair turned out beautiful! Love the turquoise and the fabric...I just used that fabric in red for a throw pillow :)

Kammy's Korner said...

One of the prettiest chairs I've ever seen!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

I love the color and your fabric choice :) Stop by for a blog visit I have a paper wreath giveaway!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It looks wonderful~ Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

pretty pretty chair! Not surprised it sold!
thanks for sharing at catch as catch can.
gail
ps I'd love to know what you sold it for. :) I sell chairs too, and am curious about pricing.

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh my, I do love chairs. Be still my heart is right!! I love the paint finish and the fabric, sigh. Sharing today, be up soon. -K

Chrissie said...

Beautiful and elegant! I love it!