Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Small Bench and a Coffee Sack

The joy of this business comes from breathing new life into old, neglected pieces.  Some pieces bring more satisfaction because of where they started from.  


I can't remember where I found this bench.  I look at it and think, "surely I didn't pay for this!"  

But if you look past the filthy pink roses you'll see some pretty awesome legs!

So after dismantling the cushion, I painted those legs in ASCP Emperor's Silk.
One of these days I'll get the lighting on my photos figured out!

Last weekend I found a great burlap coffee sack with awesome black lettering - just the size for this bench.  So I recovered the cushion.


Sometimes anything you do is an improvement.  

Pin It

Showing of at these great parties:
Mod Vintage LifeHOGPrimitive and ProperA Diamond in the StuffThe DIY DreamerThe 36th AVENUEHookingupwithHoHshabby creek cottagePhotobucket

14 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Beautiful legs for sure! And the coffe sack is perfect! You have a good eye for seeing the possibilities!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

So nice... as always!

Twice Nice said...

Such a great improvement!! I think the red and that feedsack are awesome together.

Anonymous said...

Love this simple redo! The coffee sack is awesome! :-)

Cassie Bustamante said...

it's so cute!!! small changes make it so much better!

Good Time Charlie said...

Too cute! I love the edgy end result. That is so funny, I think we all have things in our garage/storage, that make us wonder how on earth they arrived there in the first place!

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

Love the idea!!! I have a couple of things I would love to send you to do :) Thank you for stopping by and linking up to the "Sunday Stop".

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

What a huge change! I love the coffee sack, it's so rustic, but still so on-trend for the year.

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Amanda said...

It's definitely an improvement! Nicely done!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Hip Brown said...

Popped in via No Minimalist Here... This is my favorite transformation. I know the joy you speak of and this lil table is soooooo fabulous now! Rachael x

Debbiedoos said...

LOVE this! So glad you shared it at the newbie party. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Super cute!! I am a new follower. Come visit my blog if you get the chance!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this! Great project! I'd love for you to link up to my first ever linky party, Ta-Da Tuesday :) check it out here !