I started by stripping and staining the top. It had surface damage and needed a face lift. I didn't go as dark as usual on the stain but I really like the way it turned out.
I gave it two coats of ASCP Emperor's Silk. This red is actually a little more barn red -orangeish than I expected. This photo is not true to color :(
I added a coat of clear wax, distressed it, and then topped it off with a dark wax glaze. The dark wax did the trick and tamed down the red.
too lazy creative and decided not to take the hardware off, but to paint over it. That's another plus to Annie Sloan paint!
I'd have red desk envy but I already own it!
It will be going to the shop this week!
Sharing at these parties this week: