Monday, October 22, 2012

Rack Up Some Plates

I have a few passions in my life - my God, my family, my kids at school, my vintage finds.  Repurposing and refinishing furniture is a stress-reliever for me.  It's been good to be back painting this week after a month of craziness at school!

A few weeks ago I found this plate rack in an antique mall.  Sad, I know!


Someone had made a pathetic attempt to spray paint it.  But it was cheap!


I decided I did NOT want to try to paint the slats with a brush, so I opted for spray paint and give it three good coats of ivory.


The rest of it got two coats of ASCP Emperor's Silk.

I was worried that when I distressed it that the old spray paint would show. But to my surprise, it distressed down to the wood!

This will make a perfect home for holiday plates!
Bring 'em on!


Pin It

Invited to these parties:
PhotobucketMod Vintage Life

11 comments:

Jane said...

Definitely love the way this turned out!!!

Vintage Street Designs said...

Love it! I have a very primitive looking plate holder hanging on my wall that I paid a small fortune for years ago. I'm trying to get up the nerve to paint it so it will match my desert cottage decor I have going on now! You have given me inspiration! :)

Stephanie said...

Love the red & white together - perfect!!

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOVE little plate racks like yours, Cyndi! The color is perfect!

Linking from Mod Mix Monday,
Ricki Jill

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a cool piece! And I love the rustic chippy feel!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Looks great with its chippy finish!

lorene said...

This piece is really pretty! You really have some great ideas, and I enjoy reading your posts!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Oh my oh my, I love the plate rack shelf, I have been looking for one forever! I would of snatched this in a heartbeat you lucky girl you. Love what you did with it and it chippy look. Very nice.

Miss Charming said...

Wow, such a great find! Plate racks seem to be difficult to come across. I like what you did with yours.

Crystelle Boutique said...

It is downright beautiful! What a terrific find!

hugs ~ Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That piece is so gorgeous! Just my style (and color). Love it!